Collection and Use of Personal Information:
Personal information is generally information that can reasonably be used to identify or contact you. When you use our Services, we may collect and store personal information about you to provide our Services to you and improve the Services we provide to all of our users. Below are some examples of personal information we collect and how we use it.
Information You Provide Directly:
- Customer Services. When you contact us through any of our customer support channels, including email, web, and telephone, we may collect personal information to track and respond to your inquiry and analyze and improve our Services.
- Vendors Registration: When a Vendor submits a form to be listed in our online directories, or upgrade the standard/free listing to Premium, we may collect certain personal information such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, company name, business activity and business address. For security purposes, Vendors should not include any payment card information or other sensitive data.
- Real Weddings: We only publish and share Real Weddings when you send us your wedding pictures and authorize us to publish your wedding on our website and/or our Social Media channels. Whenever you decide that you would like us to un-publish the wedding, we will respect your personal wishes and abide by them. We take no responsibility if your wedding pictures are screen shot, downloaded or copied by third parties and used for their own purposes.
- Third Party Services (e.g. Social Media): If you use a third party site, such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, to create an account we may collect your first name, last name, email address, phone number and we may also collect other information (e.g. your gender, age, language, country…) depending on your privacy settings on the third-party site as permitted by such sites.
Information Collected During Use of Services
- As is the case with many websites, our Services automatically collect information when you visit them, including, but not limited to, browser characteristics, operating system, settings, ISP, domain name, IP address, type of computer or mobile device, mobile carrier, connection information, and unique device identifier.
- We may collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we may log when you are using and have last used our Services, and what pages and other content you view on our Services. We use this information for a variety of purposes, to tailor the Services to your preferences and improve your experience, to operate and administer the Services, to conduct research and analytics, to assess your interest in the Services, to deliver advertisements that may interest you, and to keep the Services secure. We may deploy various tracking technologies to collect this information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The personal data collected through the website will only be used in relation to the services offered by Thai Fiction.
- Administer Our Site and Services: We use your personal information to conduct and fulfill the process that you request from our Services.
- Provide Customer Support: When you contact customer support, we may use or request personal information as necessary to answer your questions, resolve disputes, or investigate complaints.
- Send Communications: We may process your personal information to send you communications and e-newsletters. This may include contacting you via email, telephone, push notifications, WhatsApp messages or text-based messaging to inform you about updates to our Services, or information about your account, or information related to the Services you requested.
- Publish Testimonials: We may use personal information to post testimonials on our website and/or Social Media channels (eg Instagram, Facebook).
- Conferences, Exhibitions and Events: We may use your personal information to communicate with you about our events or third party events, such as conferences and exhibitions. We may contact you about events and related services, and may share information about your attendance with third parties, where legally permitted to do so.
- Conduct Analytics, Research and Development: We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as data analysis, and research to improve our Services and customer communications, as well as to develop new products and offerings.
- Send Ads and Other Sponsored Content: We may use personal information we obtain from you, your interactions with our Services to provide you with marketing and promotional communications, to deliver targeted and relevant advertising and marketing to you, to determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns, to better understand you and your preferences, and to position and promote our Services.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in very limited situations.
- We will share your personal information with Vendors to provide you with the requested wedding packages and proposals and other services you request, either through us or directly by the Vendors who may contact you with customized offers and messages.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties when you win a contest that you are taking part in.
We save your personal information at least until your account membership with us is terminated and you unsubscribe to email notifications. After termination of your membership your personal information may remain on our archived database and records.
How We Protect Personal Information
We understand how important your privacy is to you, which is why we maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you entrust to us. Please note, however, that with current technology, the security of your personal information as it travels over the Internet or as it resides in any storage system cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
When you sign up for an account, you will establish a User ID and password. You are responsible for maintaining your password as confidential. You are responsible for any activity that occurs on your account as a result of you sharing your password with others or failing to protect it.
Thai Fiction assures its users that all necessary means have been implemented, from a technological point of view, to guarantee the security of personal data and avoid loss, alteration or unauthorized processing.